NATIONAL BROADCAST ACADEMY MANAGEMENT STAGED MANAGED GBV, PROMOTES AND DEFENDS ACTIONS OF MALE ASSAULTER
The UN Sustainable Development Goals set up in 2015 are a collection of 17 interlinked global goals designed to be a “blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all and sundry.
Goal 16 of the SDGs is dedicated to promoting peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development through the provision of access to justice for all, and building effective, accountable institutions at all levels.
On the eve of 31st October 2020, I arrived western Nigeria to join the Batch C class of the Presentation Department, National Broadcast Academy — NBA (the training arm of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria — FRCN) Lagos, Nigeria. I had submitted a recommendation letter from my supervisor in Radio Rivers 99.1FM sometime in March, 2020 before the lockdown.
Little did I realise I was going to embark on the largest cleanup exercise I ever attempted since 2012, when I started volunteering for Ocean Conservancy USA under the ongoing project #myTRASHchallenge — phase 3 of the Nationwide Anti Littering campaign meant to run till December of 2020.
Coordinating the NBA cleanup, acting as liaison officer between 4 organizations (myEnvironment myWealth, National Broadcast Academy- FRCN, Lagos state Ministry of the Environment and Ikeja Military Cantonment), without available resources and my dedicated team members in Port Harcourt would be in history one of the BRAVEST things I have done in recent years.
Here is a long read of events that played out before, during and immediately after the attack >>>Read here ; before I recovered a bit to travel to Lagos and report the case to the police in person; having waited 3 months expecting a response to a petition sent in by a lawyer in my stead in January of 2021.
Some facts from investigations by the Ikeja Divisional Police Officer in April 2021 established by DPO Ikeja Division (Taiwo Oyewale) and IPO (Jumoke):
- Deborah Oluiyah affirmed she received the visitors at the gate before closing hours
- Deborah Oluiyah affirmed the assaulter Taiwo Onabanjo harassed and attacked the visitors
- Deborah Oluiyah affirmed Taiwo closed the gates to prevent visitors from leaving
- Deborah Oluiyah also affirmed that the assaulter Taiwo attacked me from behind unprovoked, head butting me to the ground
- Deborah confirmed she made a video clip of Taiwo harassing visitors at the gate before the fight ensued and when video was shown to the NBA management, it was disregarded as evidence
- Deborah confirmed visitors made themselves available as requested by the NBA management
- Assaulter Taiwo affirmed prior to incident he had invited me out for drinks and I politely declined
- Deborah confirmed she had encouraged me to apologise to the assaulter as he demanded
- Registrar NBA Mr. Duru Eugene affirmed assaulter was issued credentials since December 2020
- The assaulter Taiwo stated that he was sane throughout incident (suggesting premeditated act)
- Registrar in defence for the assaulter stated that assaulter acted under the influence of alcohol
- Registrar also stated vehemently my use of connections to intimidate assaulter as cogent reason
- Deborah confirmed the visitors had sent funds to the assaulter through her for medical treatment so full names if needed by the NBA management or the Police can be extracted from bank details.
I waited a while for DPO to institute a case in court but to no avail then I wrote an appeal to her and even visited the station with a lawyer in September 2021 again; the DPO saw me outside her office, asked me to wait for her to attend to other guests, went into her office but refused to see me; she instructed her secretary to direct me to the SO Human Rights who refused to listen to us as well and even refused to give her mobile contact to the lawyer who I was with despite several pleas from the lawyer.
I had to write appeals to the Lagos state Governor, Attorney General Lagos state, Commissioner of Police Lagos state, Area F Commander Lagos state and interestingly, letters were minuted to Area F for further investigations, and mediation sessions done by Lagos state Ministry of Justice in November 2021.
After few months of regular checks and follow up, police tossing me back and forth, extorting funds from me each time, I was invited by the CO1 Supol Augustina and IPO Rose of Area F command on Thursday January 13, 2022. I travelled all the way to Lagos only to be notified that the suspect/criminal was missing for months and may have been kidnapped by me.
I had to make a fresh petition to the new CoP Lagos state in February 2022. Additional facts established:
- Deborah Oluiyah was the female hostel governor during the period at the NBA and knows all the school rules
- Deborah was the one who received visitors (military officers) at a time the school says is unofficial, Dec 16, 2020 — Officer Akpobome Awenayeri plus friend
- She was the one who kept harassing me with calls demanding that I apologize to the suspect Taiwo Onabanjo who assaulted me
- Deborah was also the one who started calling and texting, demanding for the officer’s phone number from me in January & February, 2021.
- Deborah was the one who arranged with the suspect Taiwo to extort the army officers who sent funds to Taiwo through her account on various occasions between December 2020 and March 2021
- Deborah has refused to give full names of army officers which she knows, as requested by the school in pretext that transfers made to her did not reveal names of sender. The school also refused to accompany me to the military cantonment to get the full names.
- Deborah also suddenly claims she is not more than friends with either the suspect Taiwo or the army officers
- Deborah has also denied totally, witnessing any assault on me by Taiwo to the Human Rights Commission’s Counsel (Bar. Chinedu Ohams) who is mediating with the NBA to help me retrieve my credentials.
Conclusively, I can emphatically say that there was a CONSPIRACY TO HARM ME between top management officials of the NBA management (Dr. Emmanuel Inegbedion; Mr. Ayodele Aliyu; Mr. Eugene Chidi), the female hostel governor — Deborah Oluiyah and Taiwo Onabanjo to cause collateral damage around my project which was getting executed without financial support from any of them; hence the persistent defense in favour of an unruly student by the NBA (who was as confirmed by the Registrar Mr. Duru obviously messed himself up to the point of causing chaos but they keep using it as a strong defense point).
MOST IMPORTANTLY, TAIWO ADEWOLE ONABANJO IS NOT MISSING & ACCUSING ME FALSELY OF KIDNAPPING HIM IS A HUGE FOUL PLAY AND DISREGARD TO MY PERSON!
I AM VERY CERTAIN OF THIS BECAUSE IT TOOK THE FAMILY 7 WHOLE MONTHS TO DECLEAR HIM MISSING ON THE NEWS PAPER (Punch Newspaper March 22, 2022, top right hand side back cover) AFTER BEING COMPELLED BY Officer Chinwe of the Public Complaints Bureau, office of the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State.
I AM VERY HOPEFUL THAT THE IG OF POLICE AND ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION WOULD TAKE UP MY APPEALS AND INTERVENE IN ALL ISSUES RAISED.
Whilst my family intensifies plans to conclude arrangements for proper and professional medical care abroad (this is not preferred but a last resort having been exposed to doctors who decided to engage in trafficking, manipulation, extortion, abuse and incitement to commit suicide in BMH Port Harcourt and UCH Ibadan), I am now open to media engagements and interviews to share more facts and get the justice that I deserve.
Here is further evidence highlighting the roles of NBA management who claims I am faking a neck sprain and I was not assaulted https://youtu.be/fkcqHLSlGf0