7-POINT AGENDA MANIFESTO FC/324/RV WONNE AFRONELLY #SEAL2023
As a candidate for the House of Representatives, I am committed to fighting for the needs and concerns of my constituents. I believe that by working together, we can build a stronger and more sustainable future for our community. My seven-point manifesto is as follows:
- Devolution of Power: to empower states and local government areas (LGAs) to tackle environmental and health emergencies. I will work to transfer decision-making power and resources from the federal government to states and local government areas (LGAs) to empower them to be more effective in addressing environmental and health crises. This will ensure our communities have the tools they need to tackle the challenges they face.
2. Waste-to-Wealth Initiatives and Circular Economy: I will promote and implement principles of the circular economy to reduce waste and pollution, conserve natural resources, and promote economic growth. The circular economy provides a solution to make the most of our resources, create jobs, and promote sustainable development, which will benefit the community as a whole.
3. Engage Companies and Increase Local Content Quotas: I will collaborate with businesses and increase the requirement for local content by requiring companies to source a certain percentage of their materials or workforce within the local area. This will promote the growth of local industries and create more employment opportunities for community members.
4. Environmental Protection: I will ensure a holistic approach to protecting plants and animals on land and below water and, advocate for a comprehensive approach to safeguard plants and animals on land and in water to guarantee a healthy planet for future generations. This means working to reduce pollution, protect endangered species, and preserve our natural resources.
5. Innovations in Agriculture and Renewable Energy: Introduction of renewable energy options, climate-smart agriculture, and training of youths to invent patterns suitable for indigenous use, I will strive to implement renewable energy options and modern technology in agriculture as an alternative education strategy that offer training to young people to develop innovative solutions that are appropriate for local use. This will assist in decreasing our reliance on fossil fuels and establish a more sustainable energy system and enhance food security.
6. Gender Equity: I will ensure fairness, strategies, and equal treatment equivalent in terms of rights, benefits, obligations, and opportunities by increasing women’s representation in leadership and decision-making as well as redistribution of care work and productive resources, progress towards a gender equal and sustainable future for all.
7. Regular Town Halls: no doubt feedback is a very important tool to aid the adequate execution of ideologies according to the needs and problems indigenous to the people. I will organize frequent Town Halls onsite and online, for active communication with my constituents to understand their needs and concerns. By being attentive to my constituents and collaborating with them, we can ensure that the best interests of our community are being represented.
Together, we can build a brighter future for our community and our country. I ask for your support in this campaign, and I look forward to working with you to achieve our shared goals.
A vote for WONNE Afronelly is a #VoteForClimate, Sustain_ABILITY, Food security, Quality Education, Human Capital Development, SkillUP Training for Rural Economic Empowerment, Climate Smart Agriculture, Foreign Investments, and Gender Equity for Sustainable Development.
LET US SEAL 2023 AND FIX NIGERIA!